Graduation Year: 2009 (MSc in SHRM )
Senior Lecturer HRM/OB, Nottingham Trent University, UK
Fotis’ LinkedIn profile
Looking back on your career, what was the most important decision you made (or didn't make) regarding your career path?
I believe shifting to academia, upon completing my PhD studies, was the most important career decision I made in my life. Firstly, because I have managed to secure the work-life balance I was always looking for, but most importantly because I started working in the profession I was most passionate about.
What do you believe recent graduates should keep in mind as they start out their careers?
Recent grads should strengthen their resilience and perseverance. Both traits could prove vital to someone’s success both in personal and professional life.
What made you choose Alba for your graduate studies?
Reputation of the business school globally, academic and administrative staff, delivery of the program in English, academic programs to choose from.
Share with us your fondest memory while studying at Alba.
Our time at the “Ranch” (Sofiko, Corinthos), as part of for our team building weekend, is my fondest memory while studying at ALBA. Lots of fun, great activities, an opportunity to build friendships and strengthen teamwork, and a wonderful time to relax with evening drinks.
- What is your greatest fear? Misuse of technology / knowledge
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Robert The Bruce
- Which living person do you most admire? Noam Chomsky
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Impatience
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Dishonesty
- What is your greatest extravagance? Buying gadgets
- What is your favorite journey? Sailing the Aegean
- On what occasion do you lie? A white lie to save someone’s life
- What is your greatest regret? Not becoming a father earlier in my life
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? My daughter
- When and where were you happiest? Spending time with family and friends
- Which talent would you most like to have? Office politics
- What is your current state of mind? Stay healthy, focused and excited on everything I do
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Talk less
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Nothing
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? My family
- What is your most treasured possession? My life and work experiences
- Where would you like to live? Bahamas
- What is your favorite occupation? Scuba diving and cycling
- What is your most marked characteristic? Determination
- What do you most value in your friends? Honesty and continuous support
- What are your favorite names? Sophia
- What is your motto? Vivit post funera virtus (Virtue outlives death)